Who We Are
We aim at reaching out to the disadvantaged in society through partnerships in livelihood changing projects with common goal-oriented organizations.
Communis Minds Research and Community Resource Initiative (CMR&CRI) is a Community Based Organization (CBO) operating within the legal boundaries of Kenya. Communis Minds was founded in January 2017 under the leadership of Mr. Patrick Oyenga through discussing social issues affecting society with experts at Mount Kenya University, Thika, Main Campus and Kenyatta University. The experts, drawn from the school of education and social sciences expounded on the need for combined and holistic efforts in society to take responsibility in helping the poor, the disadvantaged, women and children. Formed in Kiambu County, Communis Minds started with outreach programmes for identified cases within the County where several street children were reached out through provisions of basic needs including food and clothing. The programme also reached out to the poor in the urban slums (Majengo-Nairobi) and provided humanitarian services including basic life-skills mentorship and counselling. The programme also initiated youth professional mentorships where a dozen of them have been mentored into social entrepreneurship. To date, the organization has made milestones and focuses on reaching out to the disadvantaged in society through partnerships in livelihood changing projects with common goal-oriented organizations, donors and well-wishers.
Our Purpose and Objectives
Reaching out to the disadvantaged in society through partnerships in livelihood changing projects with common goal-oriented organizations, aligned along with the following areas;
- To encourage and organize such social functions as may promote and develop understanding, harmony and peace in society.
- Organize and hold meetings, training, and interventions with the objective of improving the lives of community members on matters related to socio-economic well being.
- Organize to source resources and mobilize the public through legal means available for the social and economic well being of the society.
- To raise funds periodically to a common pool so as to be able to benefit from the economies of scale for a common development goal
- To offer moral, material, and financial assistance to identified disadvantaged members of the public in case of death, legal fees requirements, hospitalization, and education.
- To organize, acquire and distribute among the identified members of the public in cash or in kind, any property or any proceeds of the organization or disposal of any property of the community.
- To promote and advance the social and economic interest and welfare of the members of the public by legitimate means